Joy VillageJourney Of Youth
JOY VILLAGE – Journey of Youth
Sundays – 9:00am to 12:00pm
CSLDallas offers joyful, enlightening Sunday classes for our Kids and Teens. Each Sunday dives into the principles of Science of Mind in age appropriate ways, while teaching the kids practical applications of a positive spirituality. We believe the teachings are designed to support our kids to become the adults they came into this world to be. Please reach out to JOYVillage@csldallas.org should you need support or with any questions, suggestions or feedback.
9:00am – 11:45am
Nursery available for ages 0-3 (9:00am to 11:45am)
CONNECTION AND COMMUNITY
9:00am – 10:15am
One room school house ages 3-12 – games, crafts, and volunteer opportunities
SCIENCE OF MIND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
10:30am – 11:45am
Pond for ages 0-3
Shore Room for ages 4-6
Meadow Room for ages 7-8
Forest Room for ages 9-12
Teens for ages 13-18
We encourage our kids and teens to discover their unique gifts and talents, to learn how to thrive in their own lives and to find their unique contribution to life.
Ages 0-3 Years
Ages 9 – 12
Ages 4 – 6
Ages 7- 8
Ages 13- 18
3 Years – Kindergarten
Grades 1- 3
Grades 4 – 6
Grades 7 – 9
Grades 10 – 12
Join the JOY Village Team
JOY Village is seeking childcare providers for CSLDallas events and substitute teachers for our classes. All providers must pass a criminal background check. If you are interested, please send an email to JOYVillage@csldallas.org or speak to the JOY Village Director on Sunday mornings.
We look forward to seeing you. If you have any questions, contact us at JOYVillage@csldallas.org.
Sacred Service Teams
JOY Village is just that, a village. The heartbeat of our youth program is our sacred service team of both parents and community members who provide a wide variety of loving support. Parents are encouraged to provide at least 1 hour of service per month. Currently, we have openings on all teams:
- Sunday Support: check-in, snacks, classroom assistance, behind-the-scenes support
- Events Team/Community Building: social activities, luncheons, August Youth Service
- Facilities and Administration: repairs, enhancements, playground, communications
- Teen Team: camp, events, social, programming, service, fundraising
Volunteer Catherine Irwin helps in the Pond room.
VIDEO LESSONS FOR YOUTH: SCIENCE OF MIND + POSITIVE SPIRITUALITY
- Check out this practical and relevant article and video lessons for kids on “What is Enough?” by Miss Molly from JOY Village exploring the idea of abundance and prosperity with children.
- Lesson from Miss Molly on spiritual heart strings.
- Milehi Church has an incredible YouTube channel filled with 10 minute Science of Mind lessons for youth, ages 5-12.
- CSL San Jose has dozens of inspiring 30 minute Science of Mind classes for youth ages 3-7 available on their YouTube channel. Their website has printables to accompany each lesson!
FAMILY ACTIVITIES FROM JOY VILLAGE
- Free To Be Me and The Cracked Pot story (video) activity.
- Where Are You Stuck? activity.
- Creating a World and a Life I Want, three activities.
- Explore Oneness with a Spoon
- Water and Ice = Spirit and Me activity.
- You Are a Drop in the Ocean activity.
- Gratitude Ritual activity.
- Folder containing all JOY Village Family activities.
- Miss Sharon, RScP, shares her WISDOM on how to apply Science of Mind when our smallest children need anchoring during times of uncertainty.
Spiritual Mind Treatment (Affirmative Prayer) and Science of Mind Curriculum for Kids
Meditation for Kids
- Guided Meditations to Read to Your Child, book series
- Mindfulness video lesson from Miss Catherine from JOY Village
- Free mindfulness online classes for kids from Mindfulschools.org
Movement and Mindfulness for Kids
- Thankful Thoughts Gratitude Journal for KidsCosmic Kids
- Dr. Shefali Tsbary
- Everyday Blessings, The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting, Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, Faber and Mazlish
- Magical Parent Magical Child, The Art of Joyful Parenting, Michael Mendizza with Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids, Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson