Journey of Youth: JOY VillageStay Spiritually Connected
Welcome! During this time of transformation, JOY Village is dedicated to continuously adapting and innovating to meet the needs of youth and parents. This page will be regularly updated with event and program information as well as resources to support you. We affirm and know that the highest and best for every youth and parent is unfolding perfectly. Please reach out to [email protected] should you need support or with any questions, suggestions or feedback.
Join us for our July monthly JOY “Virtual” Village Gathering!
Turn Up the Heat
Join us for our virtual JOY Village Gathering as we will explore the ways we can impact our world by taking up a cause that is important to us and dedicating ourselves in some way to contribute our time, talents, and/or treasures. We turn up the heat by taking action!
Join us on Zoom Sunday, July 25 from 10:30-11:30.
August Virtual Meetup
August 14: Come Splash and Play and Meet Each Other!
Dorayne and the J.O.Y. Village Teaching Team
PS: Mark your calendar for our “Grand Open House” and our back-to-school in-person classroom experience on Sunday, September 5, 10:30am -11:30am.
Teen advisor, Frank Vitale, is eager to assist teens via 1:1 mentoring during this time; reach out to him at [email protected]
Teens are encouraged to attend the Christmas Eve (virtual) and Burning Bowl (outdoors) events as well as weekly CSLDallas virtual events such as Sunday Science of Mind class, Sunday Celebration, Wednesday night Meditation and Metaphysics, classes and events.
New teens are always welcome!
Video Lessons for Youth: Science of Mind + Positive Spirituality
- Check out this practical and relevant article and video lessons for kids on “What is Enough?” by Miss Molly from JOY Village exploring the idea of abundance and prosperity with children.
- Lesson from Miss Molly on spiritual heart strings.
- Milehi Church has an incredible YouTube channel filled with 10 minute Science of Mind lessons for youth, ages 5-12.
- CSL San Jose has dozens of inspiring 30 minute Science of Mind classes for youth ages 3-7 available on their YouTube channel. Their website has printables to accompany each lesson!
- Lesson from New Thought Center of Northern Colorado
- Science of Mind Child
Family Activities from JOY Village
- Practicing the Science of Mind activity.
- Superheroes and “Spiritual Superpowers” activity.
- Free To Be Me and The Cracked Pot story (video) activity.
- Where Are You Stuck? activity.
- Creating a World and a Life I Want, three activities.
- Explore Oneness with a Spoon
- Water and Ice = Spirit and Me activity.
- Dr. Shefali Tsbary
- Everyday Blessings, The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting, Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, Faber and Mazlish
- Magical Parent Magical Child, The Art of Joyful Parenting, Michael Mendizza with Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids, Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson
Coming Soon…. music, books, movies, videos.
There are many ways to know what is happening in the Journey of Youth (JOY) Village: