Location: Dogwood Canyon Audubon CenterWe will meet at 10am and hike for a couple of hours. This is a new location for us to try. The center is located at 1206 FM 1382, Cedar Hill, TX 75104. Admission is donation-based. The parking lot is split into two areas. Visitors are welcome to park in either area. Our hiking trails are accessed by coming up the ramp to the building and first signing in at the Gift Shop (double doors on the right side of the breezeway). The trails are behind the building. We will meet in the Gift Shop. Special note: they do close the trails after heavy rains; an email cancellation will be sent if the trails are closed. If you are not on our email list, you can check their Facebook page for trail closures. Please also feel free to call them at (469) 526-1980 for trail status.
A few quick notes:
1) You don’t need to RSVP or notify us about an event, just come as you wish.
2) If you have trouble finding us, please call one of the numbers below.
3) Be prompt. Since we don’t know who is coming, we won’t wait on you.
4) Feel free to invite others by spreading this email.
5) In the event of storms, an email will be sent 2 hours before the event.
6) It’s recommended to wear long pants and bring bug spray, sunscreen, and water.