Ways to Participate
"Prayer in action is love. Love in action is service."
- Mother Teresa
Community Service is about God in action. Through various teams, the Center for Spiritual Living volunteers "take it to the streets" -- our joy, our love, our hearts and hands of service. Our time, talent and dedication are a testament to being the change in the world.
What we do is done in the name of LOVE. What we give is shared in the light of the greater GOOD. What we see is GOD in every person and situation.
Here is how we play in our local backyard --
- Hearts on fire, energy full force and gloves on...we assist in building affordable homes for families as well as renovate facilities of local shelters.
- We provide love, support, crafts and activities for runaway and homeless teens being nurtured in a safe, environment.
- We collect and donate Thanksgiving baskets, school uniforms and supplies to our adopted school as well as participate in their spring carnival.
- Collecting suits and professional attire, women come together in support of other women whose lives are getting back on track.
- Provide women and their children refurbished cell phones to to call for immediate assistance in violent situations.
- Seed programs on principles of peace and nonviolence in our local school districts.
- We tend to the earth with recycling and inspire a green consciousness for sustainable living.
- We believe in the ONENESS of LIFE and see only GOD in all that we do.
The Center for Spiritual Living supports the following organizations through Community Service projects. Visit Local Activities for more information
- Stitches Knitting Team providing scarves and blankets for women and children's programs locally
Join in the fun, make new friends, be of service. Share your time. Share your talent. Share your abundance. All in the name of LOVE.
You can make a difference in the world.